Chia seeds seem to be the new black lately – what’s so great about them?
Studies say that chia seeds contain a number of minerals and vitamins (Omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, antioxidants, minerals, proteins, vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc). The ‘they brothers’ spruik that they are a super food aiding in weight loss, but studies into this say that they that they don’t change body mass.
How Chia in your diet can help your health:
- Boost your energy
- Assist with the balancing of blood sugars
- Assist lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Assist with immune health
- 400mL coconut cream (don’t use milk as I find it doesn’t set properly)
- 1/3 (80mL) of honey
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Fruits of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Mix the coconut cream, honey and seeds, then separate into mason jars and place into the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Top the puddings with your fruits.